Re: Installing glibc 2.10.90-10 hosed my system last night

Le jeudi 30 juillet 2009 à 16:34 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :

> > > GNOME has been broken in rawhide for a week now
> > >
> > > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-July/msg01500.html
> >
> > It was pulseaudio BTW.
> >

> Pulseaudio can be blamed for using PI mutexes. The kernel gets the blame
> for breaking them...

The worst part is not this, the worst part is sound has been integrated
in nothing-can-go-wrong mode and a sound problem can now make the whole
GUI unresponsive. This was not the case before. And PA has not really
exhibited the kind of stability that could justify this lack of
safeguards.

--
Nicolas Mailhot