openssh-blacklist - careless waste of space.

Jan Chadima jchadima at redhat.com
Fri Jul 31 08:56:23 UTC 2009

----- "Frank Murphy" <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/07/09 09:37, Jan Chadima wrote:
> > ----- "Conrad Meyer"<cemeyer at u.washington.edu>  wrote:
>
> --snip--
>
> > Maybe I do not understand your question. Now the srpm and noarch.rpm
> also<  20kB.
>
> The build is normal koji build. User (or admin) run the program and
> then
> program synchronize the local database of keys to the internet one.
>
> I someone have no Internet, it is also the possibility transfer the
> data
> on CD, DVD, FLASH or else ....
> >

> I think what is meant, it that the app is useless, without either
> web\media input. Which the user should not have to do to take full
> advantage of it.

1) who is unable to get data from Internet and transfer it by other mains to another computer today?
2) how put various set of data of total size up to 1GB (2GB in future) into distro?
3) why user without Internet want to test his network security?
    --- if it is user on great intranet, admins should provide internal mirror.
    --- if it is single computer then the whole package is useless....
        :)  and the user should not have to do to take full advantage of it. :)

> --

JFCh