Re: Adding concurrency/multithreading support to par2cmdline

On Friday 31 July 2009 13:03:06 Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> [snip]
>
> The current version of par2cmdline in Fedora is 0.4. This is also the
> latest upstream version. There hasn't been any upstream activity ever
> since the year 2004 [1].
>
> Some time ago, par2cmdline was forked by somebody [2] and
> concurrency/multithreading support was added to it using Intel's
> Threading Building Blocks.

Also worth noting: AIUI the -tbb fork of par2cmdline fixes bugs that were
present in the original version we currently have in Fedora, as well as taking
advantage of multiple cores. There is a compile-time option to disable the
TBB portions (but leave the fixes for the bugs) that we plan on using on
arches other than x86 and x86_64.

Regards,
--
Conrad Meyer <cemeyer u washington edu>