F11: kernel/boot hangs at creating initial device nodes with 2.6.30-rc6

Hello.

Yesterday I installed latest F11/rawhide. The default installed kernel
(2.6.29 something) works fine.

I compiled custom 2.6.30-rc6 kernel, and created initrd for it, and tried
booting it.

Booting process gets stuck at "creating initial device nodes".

Any ideas? I assume that's during initrd execution..
Something missing from my kernel config?

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks!

-- Pasi