Re: Why not to create Fedora-us and Fedora-non-us branches?

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

I don't see it recorded in

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_licensees

It doesn't fit the trademark guidelines either. While Red Hat can legally grant a license to anyone and doesn't have to abide by the guidelines, I would expect it to do so nevertheless. So why a special exception for "Russian Fedora"?

There shouldn't be a special case, and it's possible that Red Hat's distributor in Russia may have granted some sort of permision that (a) it shouldn't have, and (b) it didn't even have the authority to grant.

The Russian-specific portions of this thread seem to have moved over here, where I responded to a similar thread.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2009-June/msg00000.html

--Max