Re: RPM Soft dependencies (Was: Re: Agenda for the 2009-05-26 Packaging Committee meeting)

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Juha Tuomala wrote:

On Monday 01 June 2009 16:59:40 Seth Vidal wrote:
if you run:
yum install foo-app
and it drags in:
bar-app
and
foo-lib

Then you've not explicitly chosen to install bar-app.

With the availability of the yumdb information we should be able to make
remove-with-leaves know more about the intent.

Why not store a for every pkg how it got installed, as
a direct human request or as a dependency?

Until recently we had no place to store that information. That's why.

-sv