Fedora bittorrent tracker?

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 1 16:30:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:07:45PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>

> The biggest problem is gonna be uploading it over my *$!* ADSL
> connection.
>
> I wasn't looking for hosting, just for somewhere to store the tracker.
> It's my understanding (possibly incorrect) that the initial seed and
> the tracker are separate things which don't need to be kept at the
> same location.

They don't and if you want us to serve as the tracker but NOT as primary
seed then I think that can be worked out, too.

Essentially you'd make a .torrent file with our tracker info in it - send
us the .torrent file. We'll drop it in the holding path for the tracker
and, ultimately, for our seed.

so we'd start downloading it, too.

or, alternatively, I could see about  setting up a tracker-only non-seed
path for our current tracker so that we could just track but not seed.

Provided your seed would be doing all the bit-pushing work :)

-sv