Re: Announcing Fedora Activity Day - Fedora Development Cycle 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 19:49 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> - should we set an way earlier freezes date for things like anaconda,
> kernel, isolinux, grub and other crucial pieces to make sure they are
> in
> better shape a bit earlier and thus are less likely a reason for
> release
> slips?

If you're basing this off the F11 cycle, it's worth noting that kernel
and anaconda have not been 'reasons for release slips' in this cycle in
that late changes were made to them which turned out to be bad ideas. It
was simply that there were bugs in them all along which were critical
enough to block the release. An earlier freeze date would not have
helped at all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey