Re: [Sugar-devel] Unbootable machine

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I presume the notion of partition 1 and 4 is to deal with things that
> have an odd notion of zipdisks.  I have personally not seen any devices
> which will only boot with partition 1 or only with partition 4, if you
> have any such information I would appreciate it.

Just happened to me a few days ago.

Tried to make a fedora live on a 1GB USB pen with the Fedora tools.
Normal FAT on partition 1, apparently all OK: didn't boot
on a Thinkpad (but booted OK with qemu).

Found the "big ZIP drive" geometry hint on the web: tried that geometry
and only one partition (4).
It worked.

I did not investigate further.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it