Fedora Bugzilla Statistics 2009-05-26 - 2009-06-01

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:28:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Brennan Ashton
<bashton at brennanashton.com> wrote:
> There is much more information that can be pulled via a turbogrears
> app we are running.  But I am looking to see what is useful in terms
> of a weekly report.  I have the date tuesday to tuesday as it matches
> up with the Bugzappers meeting time.

Are you geared up for component by component reporting or perhaps
groups of components?  How do triagers currently organize their time
when picking components? Would component-by-component reporting help
spread/grow  triage manpower into hot spot areas of the repository?
And the flipside, can you visualize how triage manpower is actually
spread through the repository currently? Are our expert smoke jumpers
landing near the hotspots without a lot of coordinated effort? or is
triage being done mostly by maintainers, fighting the local fires in
their back yards?

And in the future I'd like to see weekly reporting  feature by feature
that gives a sense of progress on bugs loosely associated with a
feature proposal.  Can we visualize the effect that feature specific
test days have on the bug lifecycle for that feature?

Also reporting on tracking the aggregate progress on tracker/blocker
bugs for the next release.  Can you highlight work or drive interest
in working on release target and blocker bugs in some way in the
reporting?
.
-jef"Saw my first smoke jumpers in action like a mile away from me
last weekend...hence the imagery"spaleta