Re: Maintainer Responsibilities

Steve Grubb wrote:
I don't want to start a long thread, but just to ask a couple questions for my own clarification. Does a maintainer's responsibilities end with packaging bugs? IOW, if there is a problem in the package that is _broken code_ do they need to do something about it or is it acceptable for them to close the bug and say talk to upstream? Do we want those bugs open to track when the bug is fixed in the distro? I'll accept whatever the answer is, I'm just curious.

As far as:
"Do we want those bugs open to track when the bug is fixed in the distro?"

I would think the answer is "yes". Also tie the bug to the upstream bug if possible; if not, record in Fedora BZ a link to where the bug was reported (e.g. if upstream has only a mailing list).

--
Matthew
Congratulations! You've won a free trip to the future! All you have to do to claim your prize is wait five minutes...