Re: Maintainer Responsibilities

Matej Cepl (mcepl redhat com) said:
> > Depends on the bug/issue. For security isses, I don't think
> > CLOSED->UPSTREAM is appropriate, unless it requires a major architecture
> > of the code base. Similarly, if an app is crashing immediately on
> > startup, it's not something we necessarily want to just hope upstream
> > will fix.
>
> Depends also on maintainer ... we don't require packagers to be
> programmers and proficient in language their package is written.

Which is a bit of a shame, as we could obviously do a better job
if they were. Then again, one of my packages has large chunks written
in scheme.

Certainly, resources are available to packagers that need them, though;
if they've got crasher issues they can't solve, asking on fedora-devel-list
can never hurt.

Bill