Re: Orphaning Packages: audacious and dependencies

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora camperquake de> wrote:
Hi.

As I don't have the time to maintain audacious any more I'm orphaning the
following packages:

audacious
audacious-plugins
libmowgli
mcs

The last two are dependencies which, as far as I am aware, are used by
nothing else.

There is an accompanying package in the Voldemort Repository which contains
the less free and more useful media codecs. That would be up for grabs,
too, preferrably by the same person.

There are several bugs open against the package, most of which will
probably be fixed by the current upstream release.

The new binaries are called audiocious2 and audtool2, and they seem to be working
just fine.

In theory, it would be possible to keep the old audacious and the new one.
Another possibility is just to rename some files to match the previous version.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ