Maintainer Responsibilities

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 4 13:43:06 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Me thinks, your are just being lazy and are trying to rudely push around
>   Fedora's user base. "customer-friendliness" is something entirely
> different from your attitude.

Fedora's "customers" aren't paying us anything, so they can't expect to get
the equivalent of paid support. We're doing what we can to help people. But
expecting unpaid volunteers to relieve the user of even the slightest chore
when he/she can easily do it him/herself and to spend his/her volunteer
time playing proxy between user and upstream is quite rude. The users are
getting something for free, it's not their right to complain about the gift
horse saying they wanted a pony instead.

        Kevin Kofler