Re: Maintainer Responsibilities

2009/6/4 Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at>:
> Michal Hlavinka wrote:
>> Yes, but how will you notice reporter needs (your) help if bug is closed
>> upstream?
>
> By CCing ourselves on the upstream bug when we close ours.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

Speaking as a semi-frequent reporter of Fedora KDE bugs, I can say
that the process works pretty well for me. Of course, I'm probably
somewhat more engaged in the process than average (e.g., I maintain a
few packages myself, and I've had an account at bugs.kde.org for
years). I do occasionally wish that I didn't have to do the upstream
report myself, but I can see the reasons for it.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.