Re: Maintainer Responsibilities

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:

Signing up for an upstream Bugzilla account takes at most 5 minutes,
... when being interested in an upstream ... wasting much more time on investigating issues ...

There are other packages and packagers (noteworthy many of the @RH) who
exhibit the same "push reporters around" behavior.

That's because that's our policy, and rightfully so.
I disagree. It's a serious management error.

Now combine this with the "report bugs" phrases certain people tend to
reiterate? ... Experiences, such as the one I encountered with the
evolution maintainer, are the cause why at least some people sense a
foul taste when listening to them.

Then let's say: Report bugs, to the right place of course (usually
upstream)!
Then better be consequent: Shut down Fedora's bugzilla.