Maintainer Responsibilities

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 4 20:39:13 UTC 2009

Till Maas wrote:
> If the new bugfix release update is created, do you include there all RH
> bugs that are closed UPSTREAM but fixed with this update?

Well, we try to reference fixed bugs, but often we don't even know that a
bug was fixed by an upstream bugfix release until after the fact. In fact
upstream themselves don't always realize it, upstream bugs occasionally get
closed only weeks after the release as "seems fixed, can't reproduce with
4.x.y" or "apparently the fix for kde#123456 also fixed this one". Large
projects like KDE have way too many bug reports to keep track of all of
them.

        Kevin Kofler