Re: the end of life for flash player (HTML5)

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 09:48, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik redhat com> wrote:
> Mostly it depends on YouTube - it's 90% of all Flash content for me. So if
> YouTube (and p0rn variants :D) adopts <video> tag, battle is nearly won. For
> games - <canvas> with JS is nice way. But it's missing IDE as Adobe has - my
> roommate is using some and I have to admit - it's really great tool - if you
> are more designer than coder. For now - we have technology, now we need tools.

youtube is testing html5 too: http://www.youtube.com/html5

as my flash on fedora10 x86_64 is crashing all the time at the moment
I am really looking forward to this.

I have some other useful flash usages too, for example the open flash
chart: http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/ , which is used
by quite a bit of sites. Some google sites, like analytics and finance
also use flash.

Cheers
Christof