Re: Interested in scanning?

Bastien Nocera wrote:
Heya,

Yesterday, I was browsing Ubuntu's "Blueprints" for their next release,
and saw this:
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-karmic-gnomescan

gnome-scan is already packaged by Deji, but I gather that more
integration work could be done to make setting up and using scanners
easier in GNOME and Fedora in general.

Any takers?

Am Interested

I think a good start would be making a list of problems seen in setting
up scanners (additional packages required, tweaks), and make sure that
gnome-scan and the necessary plugins are installed in a default
installation.

Not sure if have the necessary skills yet.
If I got some mentoring, would be up for it.

Cheers

/Bastien, who doesn't own a scanner

Brand X Scanner (PCline?)

FRank