Looking for a ucspi-ipc style tool in Fedora

In my neverending quest for the School Server, I am looking for a
'unix socket superserver', something akin to xinetd listening on
oldstyle unix sockets. Connecting to the right socket triggers the
superserver to spawn a (potentially memory-heavy, privileged) process
to handle the connection, with the superserver handling rate limiting,
etc.

xinetd doesn't seem to know how to do this at all. ucspi-unix and its
close cousin ucspi-ipc seem to cover the requirements but are not in
Fedora. Are there alternatives that I am overlooking?

thanks!

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions