Interested in scanning?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jun 9 09:02:30 UTC 2009

On 06/05/2009 10:05 PM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 16:32 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>> It crashes every time when I am trying to scan with a GUI, the only way
>> to do somehing without a crash is using scanimage from commandline,
>> which is aborting with "scanimage: received signal 15".
>>
> Before reporting, you might want to try the command line scanner tool
> scanimage:
> scanimage --format=tiff --reslution=300>  scan.tiff
> and see what happens. That should help you understand if the issue is
> with sane-backends or elsewhere.
> The -L and -T options will be usefull too.

As said above:

[Desktop]$ scanimage --format=tiff --resolution=300 > scan.tiff
scanimage: received signal 15
scanimage: trying to stop scanner
scanimage: received signal 15
scanimage: aborting

[Desktop]$ scanimage -T
scanimage: received signal 15
scanimage: trying to stop scanner
scanimage: received signal 15
scanimage: aborting

[Desktop]$ scanimage -L
device `avision:libusb:003:003' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5370C
flatbed scanner

It is somewhat better: at least X is not crashing this way.