Re: rpms/polkit-gnome/devel polkit-gnome.spec, NONE, 1.1 .cvsignore, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.1, 1.2

On 06/09/2009 07:20 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 16:06 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
>> My anger is because people don't honor our packaging guidelines not even
>> if they are asked to do so. The guidelines are very clear in this case:
>> "Multiple packages have files in a common directory but none of them
>> requires others. [...] In this case, each package must own
>> the /usr/share/Foo/Animal/ directory."
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#File_and_Directory_Ownership
>
> Well, part of the problem is that the review guidelines strike a very
> different tone:

The review guidelines are meant to be summaries of the Guidelines to
make reviewing easier.  When conflicts arise, the Guidelines themselves
explain the corner cases, nuances, and other little things that would
bloat the cheat-sheet nature of the review guidelines.

How could we document that when in doubt, clicking through to the full
review guidelines should be done?

-Toshio