rpms/polkit-gnome/devel polkit-gnome.spec, NONE, 1.1 .cvsignore, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.1, 1.2

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 13:28:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 12:25 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> c) Have rpm silently add ownership of unowned directories to the package
> that creates them. This could cause weird directory conflicts when some
> other package actually owns the directory / becomes the owner, and just
> feels wrong anyhow.

I think we want something slighly less than this; rpm should track the
fact that a directory was created just because some files needed to be
put there, and it should be able to clean up if the last such file is
removed. But I should not fully assign ownership of the directory to the
packages that just drop files in there. Ref-counting of implicitly owned
directories of some sort. But if a package explicitly owning the
directory is later installed, it should of course take over the
ownership.