[Phoronix] Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

Eric Springer erikina at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:15:49 UTC 2009

2009/6/12 Christoph Höger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de>:
> Without knowing how exactly the benchmark works I
> would guess that most of those apache requests are
> kernel calls so SELinux _might_ make a huge difference
> here.

Shouldn't be overly hard to test as phoronix-test-suite is available
in Fedora's repository. I'd run it, but my system at the moment
won't play nicely with SELinux.

> Perhaps somebody from the SELinux team should tell
> phoronix about it (and to _always_ test with SELinux disabled to measure
> the price of security).

Would kind of defeat the purpose of "out of the box" benchmarking of
the distros. Just like how phoronix didn't change Ubuntu's filesystem
to ext4 when comparing it against Fedora.

-Eric