Re: [Phoronix] Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

2009/6/12 Christoph Höger <choeger cs tu-berlin de>:
> Could you explain why mp3 (or ogg) encoding is not a "real world"
> benchmark? I do this quite often.

Because they are comparing file system on what is a CPU bound test. Notice
how all the file systems perform the same.

I agree with the sentiment that phoronix reviews are lazy, poor, etc -- but
that doesn't mean nothing is revealed by them. Especially  considering how many
people will use these benchmarks to make conclusions about Fedora, we
should make
sure it presents as best as it can. So I think it is important to
establish why our apache
result were so poor and what can be done to fix it.