Re: [Phoronix] Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

On 06/11/2009 10:41 PM, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
Eric Sandeen wrote:

I don't know much about apache but I bet a default ./configure winds up
with different builds depending on the build environment, which in this
case is probably dictated by whatever the default generic OS intall
contains.

And this is useful how?  Geez.

Me, I'd rather know how -Fedora's- httpd fares against -Ubuntu's- httpd,
but maybe I'm just nuts.

I did *basic* ebizzy[1] tests on f10/f11, and f11 is 1/2 worse.
To compare run also against je[2], it is FreeBSD malloc.

Nice find!

Maybe we can run the "real world test suite" ("benchmark") before the next release and try to straighten out such odds.

Most of the benchmark results they post are not showing scientific results, only when something is really odd, like here, they have their use.