[Phoronix] Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:44:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:28 AM, Casey Dahlin<cdahlin at redhat.com> wrote:
> Because they gave us a bad grade and now we're butthurt and we're taking our ball and going home so there? Because that's what everyone's going to hear, even if its not what we say.

What I have a problem with is the lack of information about
methodology that would allow me to interpret the result in comparison
to other results using slightly different methodology..

I don't have a problem getting a bad grade. I do have a general
problem with people who publish unexpected behavior regressions but
don't actually use the open development process to drive feedback
directly to developers.  If we deserve a black eye over it, fine I'll
stand up and take my punches. But the laypress can't seem to be
bothered to actually be a part of the development processes which
would actually drive solutions to problems..and that bothers
me..greatly.  For some reason, once you find yourself a soapbox to
stand on, you immune to actually reporting problems in the established
communication channels.

This is the sort of thing I would have love them to do at the alpha
and beta release points...open bug tickets about..and if the issue is
unsolved by release time..then so be it..just as long as they link to
the bug ticket and the technical discussion on the ticket when they
punch in the eye.  I know its a pipe dream...the laypress taking a
proactive interest in seeing problems resolved instead of just talking
about them.

-jef