Re: Do we need split media CDs for F12?

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Robert 'Bob'
Jensen<bob fedoraunity org> wrote:

> OK lets remove any doubt, if Fedora Project does not produce them Fedora Unity will if at all possible. The last time the CD media was dropped the crys and screams of terror from the "third world" that have never seen a DVD rom were considerable. If CD media was dropped I would say go half way, drop it for x86_64, people installing on 64 bit capable hardware are probably going to have a DVD rom. Those installing i?86 really might not.

I think you are right about x86_64 probably is going to have a DVD
Rom, I only have needed the CDs when installing i386 servers isolated
from the internet. I think we should start considering the option to
ship the net install ISO as a hard disk image to be used for USB boot,
I frequently install systems without optical media and that conversion
step (ISO to HD) is not intuitive for all users
--
Robert Marcano