Re: Why a multilib wrapper for non-multilib architectures?!

Once upon a time, Robert Scheck <robert fedoraproject org> said:
> can somebody please explain me, why we've multilib wrappers for packages
> at non-multilib architectures such as arm, alpha, ia64 and sh?

multiarch != multilib

Just for starters, long before x86_64 came into the picture, we had
i386, i486, i586, and i686.  On Alpha, you have (IIRC) ev4, ev5, ev6,
ev67, etc.

When the distro was i386 targeted, we still had a few packages (where it
made a performance difference) that were built for i386, i586, and i686,
all of which are %{ix86}.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>