Re: Why a multilib wrapper for non-multilib architectures?!

Robert Scheck <robert fedoraproject org> writes:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Probably because it's less maintenance work in the specfile to just always
>> add the wrapper. (On the other hand, it means extra work (adding an #ifdef)
>> when adding a secondary arch.)

> Well, how would it help to have a wrapper for ia64 if no non-ia64 packages
> are getting installed on ia64?

Kevin already told you: it simplifies the specfile to not have the
install action be conditional on the arch.  I think it's pretty much
up to the individual package maintainer's taste which way to handle it.

Personally I don't use multilib wrappers on arches that don't need it;
I think not needing extra cases in the wrapper header outweighs the
added complexity in the specfile.  But I'm not going to tell the gmp
maintainer he's wrong for doing it the other way.

			regards, tom lane