Re: What I HATE about F11

Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 17:10 +0200 schrieb Mathieu Bridon

> The way it is done right now, you have a system that might give too
> few permissions to some users. If that causes a problem, you'll notice
> it, and you can correct it in a very simple way (uncomment one line
> and add a user to a group).
>
> However, if we change the default, you have a system that may be
> giving too much permissions to some users depending on your taste. And
> the worse part is that you (as an admin) might not even know it !
>
> IMHO, stricter by default in such a case is better. It's easier to add
> permissions, open holes when you need them, rather than having to
> chase some opened-by-default holes you don't even know about.
Full ACK. Stricter by default is definitely better, changing on little
line is not too hard.

Charles Butterfield wrote:

> Samba (outbound) browsing requires firewall mods

So, solving this is pretty easy, even for newbies. But I agree that the
error message will not help someone without advanced knowledge. Although
I think people running Samba generally will know where to look for the
problem.