Re: What I HATE about F11

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Lennart Poettering wrote:

The way it is done right now, you have a system that might give too
few permissions to some users. If that causes a problem, you'll notice
it, and you can correct it in a very simple way (uncomment one line
and add a user to a group).

However, if we change the default, you have a system that may be
giving too much permissions to some users depending on your taste. And
the worse part is that you (as an admin) might not even know it !

Bikeshed!

No. the "bikeshed" is about not agreeing on details and not starting
work on the item. That's not the case here. Here the argument is that
it *needs* to work.

That said, I agree the wheel group should be enabled with sudo, though
I disagree that the initial install user should be automatically added
to it.

But then again, I hate sudo :P I do most scripting that requires root
access via root logins directly with ssh and keys.

Paul