Re: Do we need split media CDs for F12?

On 06/13/2009 04:46 PM, Matt Domsch wrote:
(Reposting to f-d-l from my blog post last night.
http://domsch.com/blog/?p=85 includes a couple nice graphs to help
illustrate.)

CDs are Dead. Long live CDs.

Some guys from the Politehnica University of Bucharest are running an experiment by offering a high-bandwidth torrent seed for the important distros (so far Ubuntu 9.04 and Fedora 11, OpenSUSE will follow):

http://torrent.cs.pub.ro/

According to they stats, the download numbers for split CDs are smaller but *comparable* with install DVD (they don't have many users, but the project is really new).

So I'm thinking a regional bias for the stats is very likely to happen here.