Re: Heads up: NoArch Sub Packages Feature continues

Seth Vidal wrote:
Other people's noarch subpackages? Shouldn't they have obsoletes in place, too?

I know it's hard to grok but for all intents and purposes a arch change is A LOT like a package rename.

I like to disagree. I really see no reason why an obsolete should be needed here. Sure there is information loss when switching to noarch and back but an obsolete can't fix this.

I thought I had fixed the multilib behavior of yum some time ago especially for such arch changing cases and there should be test cases covering that. Looks like I need to have a look into it again.

Florian