Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

On 15/06/09 18:58, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jon Ciesla (limb jcomserv net) said:
PLEASE do not do this.

If we stop supporting Pentium II and Pentium III, I have to buy a whole
lot of new hardware.   Dead serious.

Could we do i686 as a secondary arch, and swap with i386 further in the
future?

While I understand you may have a lot of older hardware, the point of a
*seconday* architecture is that it's not the primary architecture target.
Even if we didn't split off older CPUs, we're still primarily targeting
newer machines.

Bill

Hope I'm not sidetracking.
Was there also talk of all 64bit cpu's