Re: What I HATE about F11

Casey Dahlin wrote:
Really, init scripts should open the firewall ports they need when
their service comes up (and I'll propose something for upstart 1.0
later today to make that make more sense.)

How is that supposed to work when I only want to allow connections to a service on a whitelist of IP addresses?

Right now I do this with static iptables rules that I have set up (which, since I am never /not/ running the daemon in question, doesn't have any drawbacks I can think of off the top of my head).

--
Matthew
End of Transmission