Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 13:53:13 -0400,
  Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:

> A seconday arch could be done for these older CPUs, if someone is interested
> enough.
>
> Comments? Flames? Predictions of doom?

What's involved with getting a secondary arch going? My main desktop at
home is a dual mp athlon and I have a t-bird athlon that I am still using
as a server, but was going to repurpose as a scratch install machine RSN.
I really don't want to replace my destop right now as it is plenty fast
enough.

Is there going to be a way to tell which binaries actually use sse2
instructions, so that the others can be inherited by a secondary arch?