Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Jon Ciesla wrote:
Also, I was wondering, myself aside, are the newer processors as prevalent all geographic locations?

Forget geographic locations, I would be more worried about economic status. I worry that we're shutting out not only poorer /countries/, but poorer /people/ everywhere, e.g. initiatives like the Helios Project. (I don't think Ken uses Fedora anyway, but I really don't want to make it /impossible/ for him, others involved in similar projects, or the beneficiaries of such projects, to use Fedora.)

...besides all the people (like me) that simply don't want to spend the $$ to replace hardware that is working fine today :-).

--
Matthew
End of Transmission