Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

On 16/06/09 04:56, Matt Domsch wrote:

with a BIOS a little over 5 years old.  Is it long in the tooth?  sure.  Is it still very functional?  you bet.

I wouldn't go so far as to require sse2 in such a move.

I would have to agree with Matt on this.
I have put fedora on boxes for people with 2000-2002 bios dates.
Ex Win machines, no longer upgradable by them.
Not on the internet, but happily working away.
One of them, just last month.

Frank