using CD/DVD as media

David dgboles at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 21:41:45 UTC 2009

On 6/16/2009 4:58 PM, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>> Second hit on the first page.
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fedora+repo+dvd
>
> do you think I'm that stupid!
>
> I'm not asking how can I install packages from the DVD
>
> I'm asking when will that be implemented in PK
> and how does PK support a "UI helpers for media changing"
> while it does not support media in the first place
>
> what UI helper?

I did not imply that you are stupid. I posted that with a smile. Did you
not see it?

To have the DVD *always* as a source to check for packages is a pain in
the neck IMO.

Mandriva does that. The install DVD is a default source. *Every time*
that you try to *install*, or *update*, you have to find and insert the
DVD for it to check it for the disired package(s) *and* their
dependencies as well as the online repos.

Everyone that I know that uses Mandriva *disables* that 'feature' as one
of the very first things that they do.

You have already said that you *know* how to do this. May I suggest that
you do it then?

--

  David