Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 23:15:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 00:30 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Your signature promotes freedom^2 but this pisses you off?

The reasoning behind it is what irks me.  It really seems to come down
to "I'm just going to do it so neener neener neener :p"

> > Whether or not it is a good idea to continue to produce them, you don't
> > care, you're just going to do it anyway.  Great way to run a project.
> >

> If by this you mean my judgement is not influenced by whether *you* think
> it is or is not a good idea, then you are absolutely right.

I honestly don't care whether or not it's influenced by what I think.  I
just wish you project put some thought and effort into discovering why
people ask for or download split CDs other than just shutting off your
brain at "They asked for it".  What users ask for is not always what
they really want, often they just don't know of better alternatives.
Instead of watching users gleefully bash a nail in using a round rock,
you might instead teach them about a hammer and improve their life.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!