using CD/DVD as media

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 17 02:43:38 UTC 2009

Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> I filed RFE bugs claiming that in fedora we have no way to use the DVD as
> a repo including PK, yum cli,yumex, apt-get, smart, ...
> I tried all the tools and non can add a DVD as a media repo

Note that this is of only very limited usefulness because packages often
have updates available anyway. So unless you're proposing to ignore the
updates entirely and just install old stuff (a bad idea), the packages used
from the DVD will be just a portion which gets smaller and smaller as
updates get released. For example, all of KDE (which is fairly large)
already had updates available in F11 updates weeks before F11 even got
released.

        Kevin Kofler