Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Den 2009-06-17 03:07, Josh Boyer skrev:

Someone else ask what the real benefit to moving to i686+SSE2 is.
I haven't seen overwhelming evidence that a huge benefit exists.
I think somone is working on gathering more data, but unless it shows
massive gains

To be relevant, such data gathering should be performed on non-x86_64 capable CPUs, because there are already fully optimized Fedora packages for x86_64.

So that's Pentium 4, Pentium M or their Celeron or Xeon versions, Atom or VIA C7. There does not seem to be any AMD CPUs that supports SSE2 but does not support x86_64.

/abo