Re: rpm AutoRequires/AutoProvides and dsos not in linker path, do we care ?

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 10:06 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 02:57:53PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > b.2) extend the autorequires/autoprovides in some (handwaves) way to
> > better indicate the desired match
>
> I like this idea better.  AutoReq/Prov should only search system-wide
> deafult search paths for .so's, perl modules, and any other such
> objects that it supports.

"system-wide" includes paths mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*, which are
files provided by other packages.  Suddenly your search scope is
unbounded again.

Really we just need the moral equivalent of %exclude for autoreqprovs.

- ajax