Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 19:14:39 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 14:01:02 Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip at kanarip.com) said:
> > > Something else not terribly unreasonable, instead of split CD media, a
> > > single CD offered that is netinst.iso plus the contents of @core and
> > > @base if it'll fit on a CD.  Then they can do whatever custom install
> > > they want, and add packages after install, either from a DVD media or
> > > from a local mirror, or from the Internet.
> > >

> > That's exactly what Fedora Unity is about to release for Fedora 11.
>
> Any particular reason why this is (or isn't) a spin?

I thought an official spin could only be a live image. i.e., once you
start letting the user choose packages in anaconda, it can't be an
official spin anymore. At least, I'm pretty sure that was the case a
while back, unless the guidelines have changed while I had my head
buried in the sand.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com