Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12 (#2)

Once upon a time, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> said:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM, James Hubbard<jameshubbard gmail com> wrote:
> > grep lm /proc/cpuinfo
>
> Specifically what information can you rely on in that info will be a
> reliably indication that your particular Centrino branded cpu is 64bit
> capable? is there a particular flag that marks it as 64bit capable or
> do you have to know something about the specific cpuid?

"lm" is the flag; if it is there, your CPU supports "long mode" aka 64
bit mode.

I guess you could be more specific (in case somebody made a flag or
another cpuinfo line with "lm" in it) with a:

grep '^\<flags\>.*\<lm\>' /proc/cpuinfo

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>