Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

>> The OLPC folks have made a commitment use Fedora as the base for future
>> releases for not only the XO-1.0 but for the new XO-1.5 which is still in
>> development.
>
> Does "use Fedora as the base" mean they'll be using binary packages as is from
> Fedora, without rebuilding them?

Yes! The vast majority of packages used in OLPC are vanilla fedora
packages. The packages that are branched for OLPC is currently very
low. I have around a dozen or so on my current list, although that
varies from time to time dependent on what they need to pull in from
upstream etc. Either way they don't do complete mass recompiles.

Peter