Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:03:38 +0200
drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:

...snip...

> A way that would fix this is a LiveDVD with both the x86_64 and x86
> image on it and let the bootloader boot the appropriate version. (I
> don't know if this is possible with the current tools). But this would
> result into this:
> * Default media works for every x86 system while it still takes
> advantage of the hardware (x86_64)
> * We have more space on the media (even when it has to be shared
> between x86 and x86_64)
> * It won't clutter the download page because it will simply replace
> the current download link
>
> But this will probable require some amount of work.

This sounds like an excellent idea. :)

Hopefully someone knows if this is possible and/or how to approach it.
Of course it's going to be larger than the live cd images and it will
require dvd, but it could be nice in any case.

kevin