Re: rpm AutoRequires/AutoProvides and dsos not in linker path, do we care ?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
Chris Adams wrote:
> It has happened with perl modules already.  mrtg has a private copy of
> the perl SNMP_Session, SNMP_util, and BER modules (all from
> SNMP_Session)

That's the real problem, apps are not supposed to ship private copies of
system libs in the first place, it needs to be fixed to use the system
libraries.

There are two problems here, one fixed: 1) mrtg should look at using the perl modules provided by perl-SNMP_Session, and 2) mrtg must not provide perl dependency info where the Perl modules are outside the system Perl library paths (that is, @INC).

                                     -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia