Re: BTRFS in 2.6.31-rcwhatever

2009/6/18 Matej Cepl <mcepl redhat com>
Josef Bacik, Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:27:34 -0400:
> Btrfs will not be as stable as ext4 currently is for at least another
> year, so it is still very much just for testing.  I am very interested
> in hearing about bugs and getting them fixed, however there will be
> little to nothing that I can do if you lose data.

And just to increase appetite of masochists among us, this is meant very
seriously ... I have lost /var partitions on two computers (Fedora
without /var/lib/rpm is very interestig animal). Pray without cessation
and have your backups ready.

 Btrfs has been surprisingly good for me, no problems outside claiming the partition was full when there was 25gb left (on a 120gb drive). I say bring on this update, hilarity and dataloss, they do mix no matter what sanity says.

- David